Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, October 03, 2005

Just a quick note ...

Wow! Today has been BUSY! I have 3 tests this week and tonight I had to guest lecture for a co-worker (her husband is in the hospital). Hence, no time for sharing my pithy insights today. I did, though, want to note a couple of things.

First, Andrew Samwick commented on the travel tips post. Okay, it was sort of a solicited comment in that I left him a comment noting that I had "borrowed" his travel tips for my blog. Still, Vox Baby -- someone whose blogging I admire -- left a comment. Cool. Okay, I already see a couple of disclaimers I need here. First, I do realize his "comment" essentially amounted to a great big -- hey, you idiot, here's how you do trackbacks. Second, Vol Abroad should not IN ANY WAY take my happiness about Vox Baby commenting as an insult. Of course I admire your blogging, Vol, it's just that I know you so it's not really the same thing. Plus, your Vols did humiliate my Rebs Saturday, so I'm a mite sore at you right now.

Next, I'm sure many of you were concerned -- Thailand Jeff is safely back in Thailand. I had an email from him saying he was back and busy cleaning his musty abode. Evidently there's some issue with dirty water; I don't know. More to the point, he made a comment about my musing on what would happen if I WERE to go to Thailand:
Oh, and regarding your blog about visiting Thailand. If you can make it, I can guarantee someone will try to show you his gun in a laundromat, in a bar, on the street, or on the beach - - and gun IS a euphemism.

Hmm, I guess it really is best that I NOT go visit. Also, I don't know why he won't leave these comments himself. Doesn't he know that I'm going to share such thoughts? Don't worry, Jeff, I'll use discretion -- to the extent that I recognize it.

Okay, I'm going home for the evening. I have to finish making out my stats test (DEAR LORD) and some supper might be good. Oh, please DO NOT email/call/smoke signal/... me about the Cardinals game tomorrow. I am going to be recording it, so I WILL NOT be aware of any results during the day. If any of you spoil the game for me; a pox on you and your house for all time!

2 Comments:

At 6:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you insist, I will post my clean comments directly then. But you must promise not to use your trusty new thesaurus to criticize my writing.

I just wanted to remind you that there is plenty of entertainment value beyond ECON, STATS and baseball. You know, many of our "women" also have guns. So we can really jazz up your laundromat story.

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure you're ready to take your weirdo magnet to the next level...which clearly you would be doing on a jaunt to Thailand. Of course it is guaranteed to make for a good story. For the sake of the book you are destined to write, I think you should do it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home