Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Brush with fame

I think I may have already mentioned this story about how the late husband of one of my coffee shop pals was the most decorated American soldier in the Vietnam "conflict". That was sort of a "wow" moment, but this morning she told us she'd heard from Nashville.

Evidently Kenny Rogers' (the singer, not the southpaw pitcher) folks saw the story and now Kenny wants to do a song about Joe. His people told Faye that the "storyteller" song is Kenny's favorite style and he thought he'd like to sing a song about Joe. Faye said that was all fine and good, but she said there weren't any songs about Joe. Not to worry, Kenny has professional songwriters on staff who'll churn out a song for him. He's supposedly going to unveil this song on his Christmas special, which Faye is invited to attend.

Now I know today's Kenny is known more for his botched plastic surgery than his singing, but I still thought that was pretty cool. I also thought it was nice of Kenny's folks to consult with Faye. One of them even came down this weekend to meet her and bring her lots of Kenny loot.

P.S. Full disclosure -- I was brought up in a household with a mother who ADORED Kenny Rogers so I may not be an unbiased judge of the coolness of this.

3 Comments:

At 4:21 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Ok, so if your mother adored Kenny, what does she think of the plastic surgery??

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Well Caffeine Mom is not real big on Kenny these days -- even before his surgery. I think she left him shortly after Lucille did.

 
At 6:14 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home