Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, July 14, 2006

Someone help, please!

Stella and I debated the wisdom of my posting this plea, but I need help. Yesterday an extremely cute black and white kitten showed up on my porch. I tried my best to ignore him in the hope he'd find his way back to what I imagined was a luxurious home. This morning, however, the little guy was still on my porch.

I am resigned to the reality that I have taken on some sort of responsibility for Porch Cat, but I CANNOT take on another cat. Seriously, folks, I'm a single guy with 2.5 cats already. Another one will push me over the edge! Even beyond the social stigma, I do not want to go through the living hell of introducing a kitten into Gumbo's (the uber-evil cat) world. I'm just not up for that. Also, perhaps selfishly, I think 2 (indoor) cats is just the right number.

So c'mon readers, doesn't one of you have a home for an adorable kitten? Heck, I'd even be willing to contribute some $$$ toward the initial start up costs -- vet fees, etc. So someone help me out. If I don't get any positive responses, I'll be forced to take and post some pictures of the little guy.

UPDATE:
I knew it was useless, but I checked the "lost and found" in the local newspaper. There was no mention of a lost kitten, but I did see this interesting item:
Lost Cow Charolais, white. Missing in Somerville, last seen on Black Rd.
778-xxxx.
I guess finding a kitten on my porch wasn't the worst possible thing. It could have been a cow!

3 Comments:

At 2:23 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Awwww, poor kitten. It came to you for a reason! Besides, 3 indoor cats is the right number, that is what I have!

Well, I hope you find a home for him.

How does someone lose a cow??

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

Maybe new kitten will have a pacifying influence on Gumbo?

If the little cat is Tuxedo patterned, my mom might take him. (She's partial to that and won't have a cat that doesn't look that way.)

 
At 9:56 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Thanks for the "good wishes", Mel, but they don't really help me with my problem!

Hmm, I think the little guy might enjoy life at VolMom's. From what I hear, those cats have a pretty good life.

In all seriousness, I did get a kind offer of help from loyal reader, CrystalCF, but for now at least the kitten has disappeared. He had taken up a respectful worship of Porch Cat so if I saw one I saw the other. Since Sat. afternoon, however, I haven't seen the little guy. Porch Cat has been around, but not his disciple. I still think the odds are good he will reappear, but the kitten is AWOL for now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home