Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, November 08, 2007

Dating advice

Yes you read that title correctly, but no, I'm not actually giving dating advice! Instead I wanted to mention the funny (from an economist's perspective), though probably fraudulent, Craigslist ad from a while ago. If you haven't heard about it, a very hot woman supposedly placed an ad on Craigslist in which she expressed her dismay that she hadn't been able to land a mega-rich sugar daddy. Someone answered her ad and explained that she wasn't really offering a fair trade. I thought it was pretty funny (one of my students brought it to me), but the guys over at the Freakonomics blog give it a much better treatment -- including the full text of the (alleged) ad and reply. Give it a read if you haven't already seen it.

Other than that, not much to offer. I know I haven't been blogging much of late. I have two theories as to why. First, I've just been really, really busy. Second, I haven't thought of anything that I just HAD to share. I think I'm in a rut. Tomorrrow's Friday, so I'll try to come up with something interesting then.

UPDATE: If you're interested in the totally materialistic approach to dating, then this fake ATM receipts site might be of interest to you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home