Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, March 14, 2008

Real mail

I saw a story in the paper this morning about how the USPS and HBO are offering free greeting cards in an attempt to encourage people to start writing and send real mail again. Now I'm a HUGE fan of real mail, so this interested me enough to dig a little deeper. What did I find?

Well first off, it's true. Click here (and select the "customize and send" path) and they'll send you a free card that you can write in, address, and send to a dear friend -- postage paid! Heck, you even get to select from a few card designs and messages. Finally, you can select a photo to be printed on the inside if you wish. It seems like a good deal.

So what's the HBO connection? Well they're producing a big series on John Adams and evidently old John and Abigail were famous for letter writing. Yeah it's a commercial ploy on both (USPS and HBO) parts, but I like it. As I said, I love real mail and I'm kind of ashamed I don't send more of it. Still, I have good intentions and those count for something, right?

Anyway, follow the link above and get a free card to send to someone you love! As for me, it's now Spring Break so, "Peace out, y'all!"

1 Comments:

At 10:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Watched the first episodes tonight in the John Adams series on HBO. Really enjoyed it. And I do plan to get me a free card. Thanks for the tip.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home