Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, September 12, 2005

Roll Tide Roll


Despite my previously stated dislike of going to Bama football games (note, it's not that I dislike Bama football, I just never have been crazy about going to the games), Saturday I ended up in Tuscaloosa. How? Ken asked if I wanted to go. It really was that simple.

I actually enjoyed the pregame tailgating and such, though the game was a bit sloppy. Still, I got to see THE CATCH! Seriously, that was one nice catch. I think Bama folks will be talking about "the catch" the same way they now talk about "the kick". I'm glad I was there to see that.

On the downside, and this is quite a downside, I got sick. Now I'm not talking, "Ooh, I don't feel good sick." No, I'm talking about, "Someone please take me out and shoot me sick!" It was awful. Now before any of you suggest that ingestion of certain beverages may have caused my sickness, I don't think so. We did partake of some liquid refreshment, but nothing to warrant this level of pain and suffering.

I'll spare you the nasty details, but I nominate Ken for sainthood for not just kicking me out of the truck on the side of McFarland Blvd. Bless you, Ken. It's amazing, but I was a new man Sunday morning. The new man, though, was not up to getting all his work done yesterday, hence he's way behind and has no time for blogging today.

Still, I learned a valuable lesson. One should not badmouth Bama football and then attempt to go to a Bama game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home