Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Saturday, January 28, 2006

New Digs

Ah, so this is how the other half lives. Yep, the move is complete! I came in today (Saturday) to uninstall and reinstall my keyboard drawer, move the computer, and hang some stuff on the wall. Mind you, the chief thing I wanted to get on my wall was my framed poster of the hats worn by all 160 minor league baseball teams in America. Ooh, I also grabbed a cool old map of the AL counties from a classroom that was about to be demolished. Originally it was a "gimme" calendar promotion from some business back in 1967. I love maps, so I couldn't let it fall prey to the wrecking ball.

Actually the new office is not that different from the old one, but the business division will stay together now AND I have a window -- though I can't figure out a good way to get the blinds to stay up. My main motivation in moving, though, was to force myself to organize and pare down. As to that, mission accomplished. I did, though, think I was going to have to commit homicide during the move!

See, the previous tenant of this office took my paring down idea to an extreme. I really do think her computer and current semester textbooks are the only things she took! You would not believe the piles of junk that were left in here. ARGH! Still, I wanted to move, so I didn't have much choice. Yes, I could have thrown a fit and insisted that she come back and clean out her office, but I don't "insist" very well and I wanted to get moved quickly. Hence, I ended up moving her out. Fortunately we have one empty office in the suite that no one is claiming, so I was able to move a lot of her old textbooks and an extra bookshelf to that office.

So now I'm moved in to my fancy new office and I don't have any excuses for not grading that set of stats homeworks. Ugh. In the meantime, here are some shots of the new digs.



1 Comments:

At 9:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very snazzy! BTW is you insisting anything like your "Stern St. Caffeine lecture" you give when test fail to go the way you think they will? Anyways, congratulations on the window!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home