Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, February 20, 2006

Stupid ice and snow

Though we didn't really get any bad weather, there were some icy road conditions this morning. As a result, the powers that be decided that school would open at 10:00 this morning. Normally I'd be tickled at any school delay, but the 10:00 starting time hung me up. See, our class schedule runs 8:00-9:15, 9:30-10:45, 11:00-12:15, etc. Given that, what does opening at 10:00 mean? Was I supposed to meet from 10:00-10:45 with my class or do classes resume on the normal schedule at 11:00? I didn't know and I couldn't find anyone who did. The consensus seemed to be that we should have class from 10:00-10:45 IF ANYONE SHOWED UP. There's the rub. At 10:00 I had 4 students in class. Was I supposed to have class for 45 minutes and leave the other 85% of the class behind or was I to tell the 4 who showed up, "Thanks for coming, but go home now." Though I hated to, I basically took the latter approach. They did so poorly on test 1, I didn't want to do anything that would put them even further behind.

ARGH, stupid cancellation policy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home