Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

TX Song Title

Given all the "creative" artists to come out of the great state of Texas (Robert Earl Keen, Jerry Jeff Walker, Willie (no last name needed), Lyle Lovett, etc.), I'd never have expected the Best Texas Artist Song Title Ever (an honor I just now made up) to have come from someone called The Mountain Goats. Yesterday, though, I heard a song by them (although something I read made me think it might just be a "him") on my Pandora station. The song is called, "The Best Ever Death Metal Band In Denton." Now THAT is a song title. Oh, the song wasn't so bad either. I'm still thinking Todd Snider might have some better song titles, but I don't know if I'd call him an authentic Texas musician even though he does have a great story about trying to get to Lubbock.

Anyway, if you have a better nominee for the BTASTE award, let me hear from you. YES, Caffeine Brother, part of the motivation for this post was to see if I could tempt you into commenting.

Got to run; going to a ball game in Huntsville -- assuming the rain holds off.

P.S. Just another plug for Pandora. If you don't already have a Pandora station, get one NOW at the link above. It's incredibly simple (yes, Caffeine Brother, I know there may be some quirks) and it's a pretty good service.

2 Comments:

At 11:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How 'bout Kinky Friedman's "Asshole from El Paso"?

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

A HA, I think that's you, Caffeine Brother, cloaked behind a veil of anonymity! Course I could be wrong.

Yeah, I'm sure Kinky could top the Mountain Goats in creative song titles. Heck, that's probably not even Kinky's best song title.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home