Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Little thing

It's a little thing, but on a rainy Wednesday morning I'll take any positive sign.

I know I've mentioned Pandora, the wonderful internet "radio" site, before, but this morning my station got off to a great start. The first 4 songs:

"Our Town," by Iris Dement.
"Like A Rose," by Lucinda Williams.
"Looks Like I'm Up Shit Creek Again," by Nora O'Conner.
"The Phoenix," by Sarah Harmer.

After those 4 Pandora played a John Eddie song, but it was one I don't particularly like. I thought I'd had my run of good songs, but then she (of course Pandora is a she) came back with Hem's cover of "South Central Rain" and a solid Gillian Welch song.

Alas, all good things must end. Deryl Dodd stopped the streak. The best thing about Pandora, though; you can skip songs you don't like.

Yet again, if you have a good internet connection, go set up a station at http://www.pandora.com/. It's pretty simple. You give Pandora a song or artist to start from and she plays "similar" stuff. If you want to fine tune things, you have the option to vote "thumbs up" op "thumbs down" on other songs. Of course you can continue suggesting other songs/artists, but I've found the voting thing is the easiest way to go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home