Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Big move

I've been out of touch the last few days because they finally got around to moving my department to our new digs in the new building. We just now got our phone/internet connections up and running.

As with any move, there were some snags. Keys weren't ready, no blinds on the windows so there is significant glare in the classrooms, etc. Two of my co-workers have "noise" issues in their new classrooms. Fortunately, I was spared that, but today my office has developed a freight train roar. The noise isn't coming out of the vent and I'm a couple of rooms away from the HVAC unit so I can't figure it out. Reardless, there is a distinct roar coming out of the ceiling or walls of my new office. Like white noise, I sort of tune it out, but then someone mentions it or the roar changes pitch and I can't NOT stop listening to it. I'm thinking this may not have a good effect on my psyche. See "The Telltale Heart" for what I fear may happen.

Still, we're in the new building and, on balance, it is an improvement. Now if I could just get that train to shut the hell up!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home