Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, January 11, 2007

More (sort of) good things

First, the roof is done! I got home yesterday and had a nice new covering on my abode. Given the predicted weather for the next few days, that's a good thing. We'll see if it holds. Of course I'm happy about my new roof, but I'm mighty saddened by the check I'm going to have to write this afternoon or in the morning. Sigh, the joys of home ownership.

On an unambiguously bright note, this package is "out on the truck for delivery" right now. Now I just have to figure out when I have time to cook it up. Several people have expressed an interest in coming to observe/assist with my next batch, so I'll have to see what works for them. Given that Monday is a holiday*, surely I'll be able to get it done sometime this weekend.

Yep, to quote Caffeine Brother, "everything's going my way" now. [Cue rumbling thunder and ominious clouds.]

* While Monday's holiday is simply Martin Luther King Day in most all the U.S., here in Alabama it's a joint holiday: MLK Day and Robert E. Lee's birthday. Seriously.

3 Comments:

At 2:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

As amazing as it is, in Mississippi Confederate Memorial Day is a state holiday in April. Congrats on the roof, by the way!

 
At 1:08 PM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Of course, Ang, you're from Vicksburg and y'all refused to even celebrate the 4th of July until post-WWII, isn't that true?

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

yep, it's true. . . sad, but true

 

Post a Comment

<< Home