Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Saturday, February 03, 2007

It's Super

Yes, it is Super Bowl weekend. This year, surprisingly, I find myself unexcited by the Super Bowl. Oh I'm going to watch, but I really don't care about the outcome. The same thing started happening with basketball a few years ago and now I can't even tell you the last basketball game I watched. Could the same thing happen with football? I hope not because I genuinely like watching football. Still, I feel I should say something about the game. Well, I guess I'm pulling for the Colts. I like the Bears and I naturally pull for the underdog, but I would like to see Peyton win the "big one" so we can all stop talking about Peyton not winning the "big one". In reality, though, I'd just like it to be an exciting game.

My lack of excitement about the game got me to thinking of a couple of memorable Super Bowl weekends from the past few years. Back in 2004 I spent Super Sunday at the movie theater watching The Station Agent. It's a wonderfully quirky little film and if you haven't seen it, I suggest you do so at your first opportunity. C'mon, a dwarf inherits an abandoned train station in backwoods New Jersey -- what's not to like? I also found out that Super Sunday is a wonderful time to go to the movies. You can get a great parking place, you don't have to worry about disruptive patrons, and you never have to stand in line. I'm actually considering going to see Children of Men this year.

My most memorable Super Bowl weekend, though, may have been last year. You remember last year? That's when I took my little plunge into Caney Creek. Sigh, good times.

Anyway, hope y'all enjoy the game and the commercials. I'm trying to get a test made out today so I can enjoy the day tomorrow. Go Colts!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home