Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, April 05, 2007

How much truth?

I see that Billy Donovan is staying at Florida. Though I don't have a dog in that hunt, I'm glad. I think he'd have been insane to leave UF to go to Kentucky, but it wouldn't have surprised me in today's coaching climate. I like a little stability.

In reading the article about his decision to stay at UF, I noticed this bit:
University of Florida president Bernie Machen and Foley have been working on a new contract for Donovan since last year. Negotiations began during Florida's 2006 title run, but Donovan postponed signing a deal worth about $2 million because he didn't want to send the wrong message to the players who turned down NBA riches to stay in school.

True, he's already being paid $1.7 million, but I thought that was a refreshing attitude. His players turned down mega$$$ to come back to school, so Donovan turned down an offer to cash in as well. If it's true, then I like Mr. Donovan a little more today than I did yesterday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home