Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, March 19, 2007

Hey, Vol ...

care to share any of your expertise on this:
Just in case you thought that sports related cost over-runs only happened in the US, or Greece, a recent report from the UK indicates that the London 2012 Summer Games will cost three times the initial estimate. The original cost estimate was 3.4 billion pounds, but the most recent estimate is 9.3 billion pounds. Of course the 2012 Games are still five years away, so there is still plenty of time for more unanticipated spending.

I didn't click through to the actual "report". Stories like this just depress the hell out of me. Time after time we see that big $ investments in sports are not good "public investments", yet we keep falling for it. Sigh, good thing it's SPRING BREAK for me!

1 Comments:

At 2:34 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

I'm spitting, spitting, spitting mad about this. I will post on this later.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home