Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, March 24, 2008

Almost time!

Yeah I know all the other red-blooded sports fans are excited by March Madness right now, but I'm keyed up for baseball. More specifically, Cardinals baseball: 7 days, 3 hours, 30 minutes from now!

I'm not terribly optimistic about "our" chances this season and I will miss some of the departed veterans (So, Jim, Scotty, etc.). Further, with Tony still holding onto his job as manager, I suspect fans will see a steady diet of over-the-hill former stars rather than the young up-and-comers that the Cards appear to be blessed with. Plus, I have seen mention that Tony will start the season with his ridiculous "pitcher batting 8th" lineup. Sigh.

On the other hand, I didn't realize how excited I was about the season until I checked out the St. Louis Post Dispatch Cards page. Yeah they're "homers", but they managed to get me fired up about the season. Now to track down some peanuts and contact Charter Cable. Yep, I think I'm giving up the Dish and going with Charter because Charter (supposedly) offers the MLB package that Dish lost a couple of years ago. Wish me luck.

2 Comments:

At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

no-good friends who miss your birthday still care and are very, very sorry :-( You probably aren't surprised, knowing me, but I still feel bad. Happy Belated. And I kept planning to call and see if you were going to see Jackson at the VBC...I KNEW i needed to get in touch with you, but I'm a slacker
Anyway, I just had to post and say that I hope you did NOT stay in that Blair Witch Project-Michael-in-the-corner "camp house". I'll probably have a nightmare just thinking about it...

 
At 12:41 PM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Aww Stella you know I don't hold grudges -- much. I'd be much more apt to forgive you though if you'd call me sometime!

By the way, remember this when I forget your birthday. It's in May sometime, right?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home