Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Kind of quiet

Not much going on here these days. I'm in the middle of grading my stats exams and they haven't been as good as I'd hoped nor as bad as I'd feared. I guess that's all one can hope for. The best student I've had since coming here, though, did almost have a complete breakdown during the test. Now this woman made it through both my econ classes and my stats 1 class without a hitch. Mind you, she did worry too much about the tests, but I never saw her flustered. Yesterday, though, she almost lost it.

She sits on the front row, so it was easy for me to watch her. About 30 minutes in I noticed that her hand was shaking as she worked with her calculator. Next I heard the little sighs of exasperation coming from her direction. Finally I heard her telling herself to BREATHE, JUST BREATHE! At that point, I really started to worry. I went over and asked if she was okay and she said she was. I think she was just stuck on one problem and she'd just figured it out. Anyway, that was the highlight of the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home