Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, April 07, 2006

Signs of Spring

One sign of spring you can ALWAYS count on in North Alabama -- "tornadic" thunderstorms! Yep, they've been talking about this round of storms since at least yesterday morning. Many area schools already have announced they are letting out at 12:00 or 1:00 even though right now (11:45), everything is calm. I'm hoping it's just the usual overkill, but I still get a little nervous when they start talking about a storm a day ahead of time. 3:00 to 9:00 is supposed to be the danger zone. Good wishes will be appreciated.

Another sign of spring -- things are blooming. Per The Vol Abroad's sort of request from the other day, I have some dogwood pix. Sorry, Vol, I didn't have any good red buds on my morning route. Oh, I did include a picture of my jasmine. My porch probably is too shady to get a bunch of blooms, but it's better than last year. Enjoy.


2 Comments:

At 12:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm still hoping against hope that it doesn't rain tonight. I have a party to go to! Stop inviting bad weather, Caff.

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

Lovely

 

Post a Comment

<< Home