Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

New Sipsey Pix

I don't really have much to say today. I did hear some disturbing news from an old grad school friend yesterday that kind of made my own gripes and grumbles even less significant, so I really can't muster any high dudgeon today. Hence, I'll just take the opportunity to share some pix from the latest Sipsey trip. Here goes:



Some little blue wildflower. It grows in clumps, with a sort of red base to each "trumpet".


A wildflower with a cool red (sometimes purplish) spike in the middle.


This is one of my favorite waterfalls in the Sipsey, though as far as I know it doesn't have an official name. Regardless, it's just off Thomposon Creek, right near where Thompson joins Hubbard Creek.


This is one of the falls in East Bee Branch. Supposedly, the East/West layout of the canyon is rather unusual so lots of interesting flora can be found there. To me, though, the most obvious attractions are the waterfalls.

Okay, that's if for today. Oh, in case you're curious -- one of the two classes that took a test just before Spring Break did very well. The other one's still lagging, though, so I vented some of my general frustration on them last night. It's good to have power, even if it's small.

2 Comments:

At 4:26 PM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

I can tell you took the 'leaf collection' option in high school and not the 'wildflower collection' one.

I don't know what the first one is, but the second one is trillium.

 
At 8:27 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

No, Vol, I actually had to do BOTH for Billy Roy's Bio 2 class, though I mentioned last week just how I managed to ace that wildflower collection. I figure why should I worry about wildflowers if I have others to help me out? To quote dear Cousin Kari:

"Vol Abroad's message about trillium is correct. I believe the exact species is called sessile-flowered maroon trillium ... The first picture is some species of beaked violet."

See, I don't have to know wildflowers myself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home