Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

A grave matter

Sounds like a great idea to me. Where do I sign up?

On a related note, here's a wonderful Jayson Stark story on the momentum/sense of destiny of this year's version of my beloved St. Louis Cardinals. I usually detest the syrupy, romanticized, Field of Dreams type baseball stories, but this one is pretty good. Yes, I'll admit to a bias, but it's still a good tale. Of course I would like to sound a cautionary note. This sort of reminds me of what happened last year after Albert's huge home run off Brad Lidge. Everyone was talking about the Cards' unstoppable momentum and they promptly lost the next game and were eliminated from the playoffs. I'm trying not to get too excited (prematurely), but Carpenter is pitching tonight and I just have to believe he'll look better than he did in game 2. Right?

Regardless, GO CARDS!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home