Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, April 06, 2007

Econ and the fashion world

Never thought you'd see those two paired in one of my blog posts, huh? I always new Hal Varian was a brilliant man (he wrote this book, which I HATED at first but later came to appreciate), but I have a new appreciation for him after reading his column in the NYT. The column itself is a good discussion of copyright law and intellectual property (it's worth reading), but here's my favorite part:
Since I have the same fashion sense that most economists have — that is,
none whatsoever ...

Amen, Brother Varian. I just don't know why people expect economists to dress well. See, we've got much more important things to think about. Hey, that's my story and I'm sticking to it!

So how fashion UNconscious am I? An actual question asked of me before class started yesterday: "So, is that one of those shirts that you buy ALREADY wrinkled?" I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home