Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, April 19, 2007

Speaking of music

Okay, I haven't actually blogged anything music related in a while, but I couldn't think of a clever title. Anyway, I'm going to see Rosanne Cash tomorrow night at the Princess Theatre here in Decatur. I used to be a big Rosanne fan, though I can't say that I've heard any of her albums since, ... Well I don't know exactly when, but she used to put out some good work.

She's touring on her most recent album, Black Cadillac. I haven't heard it, but I read that it's pretty darned good. Regardless, I like to support the local arts scene when they manage to lure someone I've heard of into town.

Last year I tried to support their bringing Arlo Guthrie to Decatur. I was reluctant to go, though, because I kind of gather that Arlo fans travel around in packs a la Deadheads and I'm just really not that into Arlo. Unforeseen circumstances, however, prevented me from attending the Arlo show. I hated not to go, but I didn't hate it all that much. Plus, I later read that Arlo refuses to do "Alice's Restaurant" in concert anymore. Given that that's the only Arlo song I can name off the top of my head, I think I'd have been disappointed if I'd gone.

So I'm hoping the Rosann show is good. If not, I'll still have done my civic duty for the month.

1 Comments:

At 12:04 PM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

I got Black Cadillac - it's pretty good, but it didn't make it into my regular rotation

 

Post a Comment

<< Home