Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, April 27, 2007

Whew!

Man, this was one busy week. I swear!

Of course it's the end of the semester so things always get a tad hectic around now. On top of that, though, I've been trying my best to steer my stats students through their projects. [Yes, it does make me wonder why I require a project.] Now I just found out our lab assistant won't be here tomorrow (Saturday) and many of my students were planning to come in then to finish up their work. Hence, I'll be pulling lab duty tomorrow. On top of that I had to participate in interviews for a job search committee I'm on every afternoon this week. In other words, I've been busy. Don't they know I'm in this line of work for the cushy lifestyle? Whoops, I forgot; it's because of my burning desire to foster a better understanding of economics. Man, I've got to remember that!

Okay, I'm through complaining now. I just needed a righteous vent to get it all out of my system. So what else has been going on? Honestly not much. Oh, this weekend is the Double Decker Festival in Oxford. Thailand Jeff and I went last year and it was a bit of a disappointment. This year, though, there are two musical acts (Lucero and Tift Merritt) that I'd really like to see. If you don't know them, I strongly suggest you check out some Lucero. I haven't heard their last album, but Tennessee rocks. So if you happen to find yourself in North Mississippi tomorrow, swing by Oxford.

Sorry to be so brief after such an extended absence from blogging, but I still have final exams to make out. Hopefully next week will be a little more relaxed.

P.S. I never heard from the mystery woman. Oh well, I did my part.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home