Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, August 28, 2007

1, 2, 3 -- it's simple

I hate to pick on Ozzie Guillen (the White Sox manager), but ... Actually, I love to pick on Ozzie Guillen. I think the man is a kook. He makes bad baseball decisions, he has a horrible temper that he cannot control, he makes racist/homophobic/etc. comments and then invokes the "no speak English" defense, ... Yet the press, for the most part, gives him a pass because he's "fiery" and he gives good quotes.

Anyway, it's not much, but I chuckled when I saw this Ozzieism after his team played dismally in losing both games of a double header against the Red Sox:
"A tough day for everyone. Pitching, hitting, defense. You just name it. I think that's one of the reasons they're [Boston] in first place and we're in last place."

Er, Ozzie, I hate to be a stickler, but that's THREE of the reasons they're in first place and you're in last!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home