Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, September 27, 2007

My town

Sometimes Decatur frustrates me -- for example, when 3 councilmen decided, all on their own, to ban all smoking in public places and then limited discussion to 3 speakers per side. In reality the number of speakers was irrelevant as the 3 had already announced they were voting YEA. They could have at least pretended to listen and weigh various opinions, no?

Sometimes, though, I love my little town. For instance, in today's Decatur Daily two stories made me smile. First, no progress has been made in capturing the wily goat that's been roaming all over southeast Decatur for the past few weeks. Second, an "enterprising reporter" (the DD's term, not mine) may have cracked the case of the mysterious white spots that have been showing up on Decatur's streets this summer. Seriously folks, the DD has done multiple stories on the mysterious white spots:
They also are the same streets on which mysterious white, paint-like splatters have appeared for weeks, leading to a month-long investigation by The Daily with little resolution. That was until Wednesday. I was dispatched at about 9 a.m.

I'm not going to ruin the surprise for you, but Mr. Belanger seems confident the problem has been solved.

Decatur, bless her heart!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I work for one of the local TV stations, and I have to say that a lot of the news we have coming out of Decatur is just bizarre. Athens too. And I've lived all over and haven't seen quite as much weirdness in one spot.

BTW, hello. I'm not sure who you really are, but I'm Loretto Class of '91. I came here via Vol Abroad.

 
At 7:32 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Well hello, dana, I'm LCHS class of '89, so we probably know some of the same people anyway.

BTW, did you see today's news about Decatur's "swastika building"? Well I guess you did if you work for the TV station I saw it on. Oh well, it's never dull.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home