Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Suggestions?

Well "they" did it again. Yep, I got up yesterday morning and found that my mailbox had been attacked. AGAIN! Once again, I appear to be the only victim on my street, hence I've concluded (for real this time) that I am being specifically targeted. I don't know how that makes me feel.

Actually I do know. It really pisses me off. What bothers me most is that I'm (almost) totally helpless to stop this. If "they" wanted to, "they" could take out my mailbox every night! I mean I could stay up all night every night and watch my mailbox, but that doesn't seem to be a reasonable plan. So what do I do?

I guess a P.O. Box would solve the problem, but I don't want to do that. Various people have suggested a hidden camera, but I don't expect the quality of the recording would be sufficient to identify the vandals -- especially if they are speeding by in a car. Furthermore, how badly would these cretins be punished for knocking down my mailbox? I think one of the deepest circles of hell would be appropriate, but I doubt the legal system would see it the same way. [Yes, I know a mailbox attack might be considered a "federal offense", but I really doubt the feds are worried about my mailbox (at least not the outside) right now.]

Given that it's happened twice in a (roughly) two week period, I fully expect it'll happen again. How do I stop it? Any suggestions would be welcome. Er, let me say any REASONABLE suggestions will be welcome. So no plans to fill the box itself with concrete or to wire the box to a high explosive charge or anything like that. Seriously, I'm at a loss.

4 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Well, I'm at a loss for reasonable suggestions. Do you think it could be a disgruntled student? This kind of thing is totally their MO.

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

I was thinking about that student from earlier this summer? He seemed pretty mad.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Yes, I've also thought of the disgruntled summer student, but does it make sense that he'd be that "patient"? It would not be at all hard for a student to find out where I live, so why would he wait two months to exact his revenge? I just don't know.

 
At 5:17 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Maybe he was grounded until now. Or in prison. Or maybe it took him two months to come up with such a bright idea...

I'm just sayin'

 

Post a Comment

<< Home