Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, April 08, 2008

It worked!

Okay here's the big news: I can watch Major League Baseball again!

I won't launch into full rant mode, but last year MLB did something stupid and as a result I lost the ability to buy the MLB Extra Innings package that would have allowed me to watch my beloved Cardinals on a regular basis. This year Dish Network and MLB were still at odds, so I had to switch to Charter Cable.

The guy was scheduled to come between 3:00 and 5:00 yesterday, but it was after 7:00 by the time I got my cable. So far I must say I'm underwhelmed by the Charter system, but I'm sure it'll grow on me -- AND I can watch baseball again! Of course the Cards lost last night, so maybe they'd rather I didn't watch. Nah, just a coincidence. Oh man, I wasn't even wearing my lucky shirt last night; no wonder they lost.

Anyway, that was my big news. Sorry to let you down, Stella, but it was big to me.

UPDATE: As I said above, I'm kind of missing some of the features of DISH. Today, though, I had to call DISH to cancel my service and, perversely, I'm missing them now more than ever. Of course I had to punch my way through an automated menu, but once I finally got to a "punch this number to speak to a representative" option, my call was answered within 15 seconds. Furthermore, when I told the guy I wanted to cancel my service, the most amazing thing happened. Of course he had to ask why, but when I told him he simply said, "Okay," and that was that. There wasn't any pressure to stay with DISH or anything like that. I was amazed. As I said, I doubt I'll get that kind of service from my new company. Sigh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home