Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, September 19, 2008

Shiver me timbers

Once again it is Talk Like A Pirate Day. [No, Vol Abroad, this is not an invitation to discuss illegal downloading of songs, movies, etc.] While I always try to note this holiday, this year I'm going to offer "me mateys" some practical pirate advice.

First, here are some tips on the best way to sell yourself as a convincing pirate. My favorite tip: Procure one dead stuffed parrot and sew feet to right shoulder of 2nd hand store jacket. Now that's just good solid advice.

Second, if you find yourself at a loss for just what to take to the Talk Like A Pirate party hosted by your friend/co-worker/etc., well how about an easy-to-make pirate cake?

So with these helpful tips, I don't see why anyone would miss out on the fun that is Talk Like A Pirate Day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home