Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Eerie tale

Yesterday and today's Washington Post carried a spooky story of a guy who killed two hikers on the Appalachian Trail back in 1981 and then tried to kill two more there just two months ago. Given my fondness for hiking/camping alone, it did cause me a bit of concern, but what was truly eerie to me was how well I know the area described. That's right in the heart of my (mostly) annual minor league baseball trip! Seriously, I've spent nights in and explored most every little town mentioned.

Anyway, it's kind of long, but it's a good read -- sort of an "In Cold Blood" story. If you're interested, here's part1 and part2. Oh, after reading the story you really should check out the interactive timeline. I'm no computer graphics expert, but it's cool.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home