Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Hey, that's me!

As you may have figured out, I don't have the time for high power blogging now. A couple of you commenters will be happy about that as you don't have to wade through my rather lengthy discourses. Still, things are really busy right now, so brief comments will be the fare of the day for a while.

On that note, ... The quirky radio station out of NC that I listen to on the net has surprised me again. Last week they played a bluegrass version of The Ballad of 40 Dollars and today they played my namesake song -- St. Caffeine.

How did I end up with St. Caffeine as my name anyhow? Well you know how many websites require a user name? Long ago I started using St. Caffeine on a bunch of those. I needed something I'd remember and I was listening to a lot of John Gorka back then. Once I started geocaching I adopted that as my name there too. I never intended, though, to be known as St. Caffeine; it was just a user name I picked. Through no fault of my own, however, I ended up meeting some fellow geocachers and I was actually called St. Caffeine by people. That was weird, but when I set up my blog it was just the name that came to mind. Hence, I'm St. Caffeine.

Lord knows I do crave the caffeine (in coffee form) and I do still like John Gorka's music, so I guess I'll stick with it. Still, I wish I'd put some time and thought into it and come up with something a tad more clever and creative. Hmm, maybe that'll be my Christmas break project -- coming up with a new blog name. Those of you who know me are welcome to make suggestions, though please keep them clean. I do have the power to delete comments!

2 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger melusina said...

I vote don't change. I've been melusina since 1990 and I almost think of it as my real name now. It would be weird to change it. I kinda like St. Caffeine anyway.

 
At 1:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree! St. Caffeine just rolls off the finger tips so nicely!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home