Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Saturday, November 26, 2005

So full, ugh

So I survived Thanksgiving Day, but now I still have one more gathering (with food) to get through. Pa Caffeine's side of the family is having its gathering tonight. I will try not to overdo it, but I don't hold out much hope. Fondness for turkey and dressing is my fatal flaw. Yep, if I were Roadrunner, all Wylie Coyote would have to do is place a pan of bird and dressing under the box and he could trap me with no trouble. I wouldn't even complain as long as he left the dressing in the trap. Oh, and Vol, I'm talking DRESSING, not Stove Top stuff.

Anyway, the holiday break has, so far, been without major incident. The biggest news is that my backpacking tent arrived Wednesday. I felt like a little kid when I immediately set it up in the back yard, but I couldn't just leave it in the box. I think the tent will be just fine for me, but if I'm going to share this tent with anyone on the trail, then it better be someone I'm really comfortable with. The tent is seriously small. I guess it's a good thing I'm not a legitimate 6 footer.

So, not much to say today. I just hadn't posted in a while and I got the yen to write something. Blogging has been light, though, since dial up connections are so frustrating. C'mon, I don't have a cell phone, so you know I'm not springing for high speed internet.

Oh, also a big Happy Birthday to A. I'll think about you tonight while I'm eating Ma Caffeine's pecan pie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home