Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Kind of a let down

I saw the oddest picture in the local newspaper this morning:



Evidently these fellows were caught digging a tunnel to a bank vault. The caption in the local paper said something like, "No explanation was given for their lack of clothing." I kind of liked the mystery of that.

When I read the full story online, though, I found that there was a simple explanation -- the tunnel was extremely hot. Mystery solved, but I'm a little disappointed. I'd imagined all sorts of explanations for their nudity, but it turned out to be a rather pedestrian reason. Alas.

1 Comments:

At 10:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the dumbest way to break into a vault I've ever heard of. I liked or rather should say I was amazed at cleaverness of another break in. I wish I could remember the guys name but alas that was not the important part. He actually hid inside the safety deposit box vault one day and waltzed out the next morning with all the jewelry and money stored in the boxes. He was eventually caught but not inside the vault. He was caught on another heist when a man using the restroom heard him crawling through the ceiling. The man called for the guard and the bank robber was arrested.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home