Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, April 10, 2006

Dreams

First off, I survived the storms with no damage. Though I have no right to grumble at all, given what happened in my native state, I will say it was the scariest storm I've ever ridden out. Sure it didn't compare (I'm sure) to a hurricane or when a high school friend's house was completlely flattened by a twister, but it was pretty darned scary for a while. I'd gone to my "hidey hole" along with the cats a few minutes before the big storm hit. It started with the loudest, closest thunder I've ever heard, then the hail hit. I heard reports from "quarter-sized" up to "baseball-sized". While I doubt the latter, it sounded as if I were in the washing machine with random pieces of cutlery. Seriously, it was loud! To compound matters, I had no way to know if it was just hail beating the hell out of my house or if it was debris from a tornado. The last report I'd heard on the TV was that the big storm seemed to be heading right for Decatur High School -- just a couple of football fields down the street. If all that wasn't bad enough, just before the storm hit, my "psycho cat", Gumbo, decided to start HOWLING! That's the only way I can describe it. Have you ever had to give a cat a bath? Well that noise pales compared to the noises Gumbo was making Friday night. Still, we made it through unscathed.

Now to dreams. I don't know why, but I've been having the oddest dreams of late. Though not a conscious decision on my part, I seem to have a stock set of dreams that I usually go through. Sure the details change a bit, but the basic storyline is pretty much the same. Lately, though, I've been dealing with new, very vivid, dreams. Do you remember the episode of Northern Exposure where everyone was having dreams that really belonged to to other people? That's what I feel like. Last night's dream was really freaky as it featured The Vol Abroad AND, most unusually, the VolBro. What makes that strange is that I never really had that much to do with the VolBro. On the other hand, the whole experience has been less exciting than I'd like. If I'm going to be snooping into others' dreams, I'd at least like to get some exciting dreams. Of course it could be a sign I need some professional help. [No need for witty comments on my general need for professional help!]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home