Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Wedding bells

No, not mine! A Caffeine Cousin is getting married this weekend. Normally I don't care much one way or the other, but I like this particular cousin so I'm sort of looking forward to the event. Plus, I sat with her at the last Caffeine wedding and I got lots of insights into what her wedding is going to be like. If she follows through on all her claims, it should be more interesting than the typical "Wind Beneath My Wings" wedding. We'll see.

I do, though, have a request for my readers. I know it's kind of late in the game, but I don't yet have a present. I asked my cousin and she said as far as easily accesible stuff (i.e., online), they are registered at Wal-Mart and Target. I even went so far as to ask her if there's a specific item she'd like to have. She wrote back and said it was silly, but she really wanted an over-sized spatula (she's not good at flipping pancakes or eggs, so she figures the bigger turner would help). I've got no problem with that, but since I do like this cousin, I'd like to get them something else. It's too late for online ordering (I think) and I'd like to get them something more than a towel or whatever. Any ideas?

5 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Gee, I never thought of a coon skin cap! Wow, now my problem is solved. Actually it's funny that you should mention the ceramic pot thing. I was discussing this yesterday afternoon with my co-workers and R (the basket maker) suggested a handmade basket. Of course she was suggesting that I MAKE a basket for the occasion, but given the time constraint, I'm thinking of just purchasing them a nice basket.

I'm not set on that, though, so suggestions are still welcome.

 
At 8:00 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

why don't you give them a basket you already made? didn't you make a stool or something? That would be so cool

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Well, I already gave the basket I made to Caffeine Mom and I don't think she'd cotton to the idea that I take away her basket to give to my cousin. As for the footstool, IT'S MINE! I like this cousin, but I worked hard on that thing. Nah, it's just easier if I buy one from my co-worker.

Of course I could CLAIM that I made it and my family would back me up since they've seen 2 examples of my handiwork. Hmm, ...

 
At 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you wanted to get REALLY cute, you could do basket thing, but pack it up with pancake mix, the spatula, some syrup or powdered sugar. they have really good pancake mixes at williams-sonoma, if you didn't feel like mixing up the dry stuff and making a card with the rest of the recipe on it.

 
At 4:39 PM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

Okay, Stella, despite rumors to the contrary -- I AM A MAN! I'm not going in a Williams-Sonoma store! True, I am wearing a pink (females tell me it's "salmon") shirt today, but there's a limit.

On the other hand, including kitchen "goodies" in the basket isn't a bad idea. I'll just include Dollar General or maybe Wal-Mart stuff. That'll work, huh?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home