Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

I knew it!

I'm still awaiting the return of my regular computer (that's why I haven't been blogging much). In the meantime, ...

I've long suspected that we economists are just slightly higher life forms than others, now there's an anthropological theory to support my thinking.

This guy, Alan Fiske, has developed a theory that all human relationships are built from 4 types of interactions: communal sharing, equality matching, authority ranking and market pricing. Since "market pricing" was the last to develop, Fiske theorizes it's the one people have the most trouble understanding. My favorite part:

In other words, to have an intuitive grasp of economics, you might just need to take a step or two up the evolutionary ladder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home