Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, February 16, 2007

Busy, busy, ...

Blogging has been light, as I've been quite harried of late. I did, though, want to report on the result of my DMV experiment. First, my plan was almost ruined before it began. Things came up (as they do) and I wasn't able to get away from the office until after 3:30. By that time of the day, I figured lots of folks would be off work and it would make it less likely that my "in and out quickly" plan would work. On the other hand, if I really wanted to test for a "Valentine effect" on the lines, I guess running the experiment at a normally busy time of day was the way to go. Regardless, I decided to follow through on my plan. The results?

It worked exactly as I predicted! For the first time EVER, I went to the courthouse and did not have to wait in line at all. Yes, hard as it is to believe, there were more available clerks than customers! I had one little "modification" I had to get taken care of, but even with that I was in and out in less than 10 minutes. Now I have a new Valentine's Day ritual. I'm buying my tags on Feb. 14th every year -- except for those pesky years when it falls on a weekend. All-in-all, I deemed the experiment a success.

2 Comments:

At 7:01 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

Hmm...I wonder if this works for other types of bureacracy.

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

I'm betting it does. What I wonder, though, is would this work for other holidays or is Valentine's Day unique? I smell a research paper -- and maybe a grant.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home