Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-day

Yes, it is that time of year again. So far I've had one student bring me some candy. What's wrong with these kids? Don't they know they're supposed to bribe the teacher with sweets? Sigh.

So what big plans do I have for this day? I'll tell you. I'm going to the DMV. Y'all remember my previous run in with the folks at the DMV? Well it's time to renew my tags for the year and I hate waiting in the eternal line at the courthouse. I've tried multiple variations: end of the month, first of the month, middle of the month, morning, afternoon, etc. None has ever been totally satisfactory. This year, I hit on a new idea: Valentine's Day. I know it's stereotyping, but here's how I figure it. Many women will be rushing home to get ready for the big night out and many men will be smacking themselves on the head and rushing off to Wal-Mart, Hallmark, the florist, etc. because they realize, yet again, they've put off their shopping until the last minute. So who will be at the DMV? I'm hoping just me! I'll let you know how it goes, but I think I'm onto something. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home