Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy Halloween

Sorry for the unoriginal title, but that's just about all I've got to say. Why so taciturn today? Well, I went and had fun this weekend rather than getting ready for this week and now I'm having to play catch up.

Yes, I went to Mary-Tom's (old HS friend) annual Halloween bash again this year. I really debated whether or not I'd go, but then I kept reading (from other bloggers) about how excited some of them were about the holiday and it kind of got me in the spirit. Plus, I read a few accounts of how Halloween is just another example of the evil American plan to take over the world, so I figured, by golly, I'd better take advantage of it.

In reality, M.T.'s party tends to be my kind of affair -- no costumes, food, drink, a bonfire, and a place to crash at the end of the night. What more could you ask for? As evidence of my "advanced age", I mostly behaved myself -- didn't drink too much, remember the whole evening, and didn't have any lingering effects Sunday morning. I did, though, have to contend with a couple of guys trying to set the world record for loudest snoring. Still, it was fun. Oh, Ang, you know who was there? Leslie (freshman year at Ole Miss) and her husband. They have a child now, but he stayed with his grandmother. Hadn't seen her in years. All-in-all it was a fine evening.

Sunday morning in The Tennesseean I saw a story that I'd like to blog about. When I tried to find it today, though, it didn't seem to be there. Hmm, maybe I can work on that for tomorrow.

In the meantime I'll leave you with yet another example of a what's the world coming to story. I'm not a big Halloween person, but if you like it then go all out. Still, I think it's a little tacky (that's Southern for gauche) when you try to use Halloween as a call for breast feeding. Don't these people have lives?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home