Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I wasn't underwater, but ...

I did spend a good chunk of my afternoon basket weaving. Actually that's not exactly true. I spent the day weaving a footstool! See, my co-worker, R, is an old pro at basket weaving and she even teaches classes occasionally. Every once in a while she brings stuff in and weaves with her work buddies. Being a man, I've never joined the weaving circle, but this time R decided they'd do footstools and she decided a footstool was manly enough that I could join in. Though basket weaving often is used as a low-effort comparison, this was amazingly hard work (R says baskets are MUCH easier). Regardless, here's the finished product as it was drying outside:


Never knew I was such a "Renaissance Man", huh?

3 Comments:

At 2:15 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

hey that's really cool

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger melusina said...

I could use a footstool!

 
At 11:17 AM, Blogger St. Caffeine said...

HAH, as sore as my fingers were after finishing that thing -- it's staying at my house! Actually it's staying in the office for the time being because I have yet to figure out how to keep the kitties from shredding it. I don't know that they would, but I just sense they would love to sink their paws into it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home