Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Moo, y'all

According to the BBC, cows have regional accents.
They decided to examine the issue after dairy farmers noticed their cows had slightly different moos, depending on which herd they came from.
[...]
The farmers in Somerset who noticed the phenomenon said it may have been the result of the close bond between them and their animals.

Farmer Lloyd Green, from Glastonbury, said: "I spend a lot of time with my ones and they definitely moo with a Somerset drawl.

Anybody want to take some shots at that "close bond" phrase? Actually I'm quite tickled, mentally assigning voices and characters to "Elsies" all around the country.

Oh, here's the BBC's full list of "100 things we didn't know last year."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home