Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, June 15, 2007

Ennui

Sorry blogging has been so light of late. I could blame it on my summer teaching schedule, but while that does have something to do with it, the main reason has just been a general funk I seem to have fallen into. Basically I'm just in a foul mood. Nothing has happened to put me in such a state, I'm just kind of "ginched" (to use a Stella word). [Actually something could have happened last night to alleviate my dark cloud, but I'll remain mysterious about that. Regardless, it didn't happen, so it's really not relevant.]

Given my general grumpiness, I'll just share a PowerPoint bullet list (I swear the "bullets" show up on my screen, but not when I publish) of things that depress me:


  • PowerPoint bullet lists.
  • All the attention given Paris Hilton's jail term.
  • All the attention given Barry Bond's troubles.
  • Anything to do with Lindsey Lohan.
  • The Cardinals' disappointing season.
  • The fact that (thanks to MLB and DirectTV) I can't watch the Cards this year.
  • Zimbabwe assuming the chairmanship of the UN's Commission on Sustainable Development.
  • The Democratic Presidential hopefuls.
  • The Republican Presidential hopefuls.
  • Reality TV.
  • Non-reality TV.
  • Summer movies.
  • Summer heat and the lack of rain.
  • Justice Anthony Kennedy (see this piece).
  • And finally, ...
  • The continuation of the designated hitter rule! C'mon, I couldn't leave that one off.

So anyway, I'm hoping my cloud breaks soon and I'll be back to my cheerfully grumpy self. In the meantime, GRRR!

1 Comments:

At 4:35 PM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

i see bullets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home