Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

I'm still here

Yeah I know blogging has been light of late, but that's what summer school does to you. It takes up all your time! Still, only 3 (or so) more weeks and I actually get some time off for the first time in a few summers!!!

In the meantime, I gave my first test yesterday and the results were surprising -- in a good way. I'm teaching two classes -- one in Decatur and another in Huntsville -- and the Decatur bunch did very well. I don't know that I've ever had a class do that well on test 1. After grading the Decatur tests, the Huntsville students were a bit of a letdown, but when I compiled the numbers, they also did better than average. I'm not sure why, or if it will continue, but for now I'm pretty happy with (most of) my students. Cool.

In other news, there is none. I haven't moved over to the darkside of cell phone life yet and I've yet to hear anything else from the guy with the land for sale. On the plus side, the brewfest was fun. It was a bit too crowded with mid-20 "cool" guys who just wanted to get smashed, but I did get to try several beers I'd not had before. Plus, I got a cool cast iron bottle opener made by the "metal arts" guys at Sloss Furnace. All-in-all a good day.

I promise pictures of the balloon fest will be coming -- eventually.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home