Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, June 01, 2007

Aw man!

I couldn't believe it, but yesterday I had a phone message (two actually, one at home and another at work) from the guy with the property for sale! Why, pray tell, did it take the guy a week-and-a-half to return my call? I got not idea, but he called. Unfortunately I was in class when he called so I didn't get to talk to him, but my dream of being a land baron might not be dead.

Once classes were over, I called him back. Want to guess what happened? I got his voicemail -- again! Not to be deterred, I told him I'd be out most of the evening, but I'd be at the office this morning and he could call me then. Seeing as how I'd not heard from him by 11:00, I decided to call him again. Do I need to tell you? Voicemail. I swear; this guy is annoying me. Sigh.

On the bright side, I will be attending the 1st Annual (though in journalism class I learned that it's incorrect to use the "annual" tag until you get to a 2nd occurrence) Magic City Brewfest down in Birmingham tomorrow. It looks to be a good time. I've seen the list of beers and some of my favorites will be there, along with experts from some of the breweries. I'll blog on my favorites next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home