Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, December 15, 2005

What the @#$%?

This may be old news to some of you, but I've been out of touch for a few days. Today I got a few minutes to browse the web and I find this! Hillary, what have you been smoking? This has got to be the dumbest move ever!

Wait, I retract that. Politically it's not really a dumb move, but it's so blatantly opportunistic that I can't help being a little disappointed. This may surprise some of you, but I kind of like Hillary. Actually I like her a lot as Senator Clinton, but I can't really trust her from her days as First Lady Clinton. Yeah, I know one cannot trust any politician, but I'd just feel a lot better if I could convince myself that Sen. Clinton is the real Hillary. I know it makes more sense to think she had to "play a role" as first lady and now she's free to be her true self. I was just about there and she goes and co-sponsors a flag burning law. I'm sure her office has a "spin" for it, but I agree with Mr. Cohen:
The First Amendment is where you simply do not go. It is sacred. It protects our most cherished rights -- religion, speech, press and assembly -- and while I sometimes turn viscerally angry when I see the flag despoiled, my emotions are akin to what I feel when neo-Nazis march. Repugnant or not, popular or not, it is all political speech. Her sponsorship of the flag measure calls for reconsideration all around -- either by Hillary Clinton and her support of the flag bill or by liberals and their support of her. [Though I don't see why the question should be limited to "liberal support". St. Caffeine]


What's next Hillary, stumping for Roy Moore?

1 Comments:

At 2:18 AM, Blogger Vol Abroad said...

tsk, tsk, tsk...

What I could never reconcile is that we're told in flag etiquette that if a flag ever touches the ground we're supposed to burn it.

What if we get busted in the act??

 

Post a Comment

<< Home