Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Monday, January 09, 2006

They're back

Yep, spring semseter classes started today. The only "bump in the road" for me is that my MW 8:00 class did not "make". That meant that I had to pick up an alternate class to justify the continuation of my employment. There was some debate between me and a co-worker, but in the end I got the 5:30 p.m. class rather than the 7:00 p.m. class. I don't feel too badly for her, though, as she got one of Caffeine Mom's chess pies out of the deal.

Oh, I mentioned that I was having company on Friday. I'm not sure about them, but I had a good time visiting with The Vols. I don't think I'd seen them since their wedding. Is that right? Anyway, we went to see the Ansel Adams exhibit and I just wasn't as impressed this time. [Yes, I know, diminishing marginal returns; I teach that stuff.] Still, I enjoyed seeing them. Oh, we also sampled some of my oatmeal stout and I think it tasted better than it did last week. Of course the Vols claimed that it might have tasted better because I'd worked so hard to lower their expectations. Still, I feel better about this batch than I did at first. We also "shared" some music. I sent some Lucinda and some Cowboy Junkies home with them and I got a copy of Dolly's latest. I'm still a little confused by the Dolly album. Dolly doing protest songs just takes some getting used to. I am, though, very taken by her cover of the old Tommy James (or Joan Jett for those with no sense of history) tune, "Crimson and Clover". That was very well done.

Not much else to go on about today. I had to (er, got to) go see the family yesterday. We finally got around to having "Christmas" with Mom's side of the family. I think everyone had a good time though there were WAY too many babies around for my taste. I spent most of the time talking to one cousin and her husband about hiking and camping. We're going to try to find the Kinlock Shelter out at Sipsey before long.

Oh yeah, as for classes ... Well, I've only had one so far. We'll see how the rest of the day goes. I'm sure I'll have many humorous anecdotes anon.

P.S. From Marginal Revolution, yet another reason I love being an economist. You can think about any old topic and call it "economics". Ain't life grand? Oh, also on MR, something The Vols maybe should have had BEFORE their trip to Vegas.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger American Celt said...

Beans. The word you're looking for is Beans. It goes with your coffee logo.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home