Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Yet another sign

I recently made the (seemingly) 2 million mile drive to Jackson, MS and, upon arrival, realized that I am approximately 107 (now 108) years of age! At least that's the way I felt when I got out of the car. Today I saw another sign that I'm an "old man".

I am very used to the world passing me by (e.g., cell phones), but I was still surprised by this one. There are various bulletin boards and such scattered around the building I work in. One of them happens to be devoted to economics-related postings. Today I saw a "for sale" flyer on that board and when I went to remove it, I made the mistake of reading the items for sale:

SUBWOOFER/AMPLIFIER/BOX
  • 2 12-inch Audiobahn "High Excursion" Dual Voice Coils
  • 1800 watt Rockford Fosgate Amp
  • Dual Non-Ported Box
  • Asking $275

The only word I recognized on the whole flyer was "amp" and I only have a rough understanding of that! Is a "box" just a box? Why/how is that a specialized piece of audio equipment? Further, what the heck is a "voice coil" and is $275 a good price? I remember when Caffeine Brother got a pair of Pioneer "sixes" and I thought there was no higher audio standard possible. Why I remember when ...

Okay, enough being old. I'm not really bothered by such things, but I do notice them so I guess I'm not so blithe as I'd pretend, huh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home