Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday fun

I don't know if it's just a simple case of summer blah, but I just haven't found much to write about of late. In the meantime, here's something fun: top grossing films ever adjusted for inflation. See, it's the last part that makes this list interesting to me. I hate lists like this that do not adjust for inflation because it makes comparisons (for many films) almost meaningless. Anyway ...

I wasn't surprised to see Gone With the Wind and Star Wars in the top 2 spots and I guess it does make sense that a lot of the old Disney films would be pretty high up there. I was, though, pretty surprised to see The Exorcist at #13 -- right above Empire and Jedi. So anyway, check it out and see how some of your all-time favorites stack up. As for me, it's Friday and I'm going home.

1 Comments:

At 3:23 PM, Blogger melusina said...

Damn, if you think about it, Gone with the Wind made a buttload of money back in 1939. But those inflation figures show a lot about how things have changed. Geez.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home