Baseball, Books, and ... I need a third B

One guy's random thoughts on things of interest -- books, baseball, and whatever else catches my attention in today's hectic world.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

New old pix

Yes, the post title is a bit of an oxymoron, but it's apt -- really. Y'all remember the day I fell in the creek? Well, Cousin Kari just sent me some pictures from that day. I was able to salvage some of my own pictures from the beginning stages of that day, but Cousin Kari takes "real pictures". She still uses a film camera and she went to the trouble to haul a tripod around with her all day. Like most of us and film, though, she doesn't always develop her pictures immediately. Still, thanks to CK for sharing her shots and now I'll pass them along to you:

The Upper Caney Falls, from a distance.

Upper Caney Falls, close up.

How do you do that, CK?

P.S. You know anything about KT Tunstall (great name, by the way)? I keep hearing about this song, "Black Horse and the Cherry Tree", but I've never actually heard it. From what I've read about her, she seems like someone I might like, but at the same time I'm afraid she might be a little too "bubble gummy" for me. I did read that she sang on Ellen's show and her song popped up one night on American Idol. I'll admit that I can be a bit of a music snob, but I like some stuff that is commercially popular. I don't dismiss popular music out of hand, but I often am skeptical of it. So, any of you know anything about old KT?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home